Monday, August 13, 2012

Dutch baby and packing

August 12, 2012

Romi, Tracy and I went to The Original Pancake House this morning for breakfast. We wanted to try the Dutch Baby which is a german baked pancake. You squeeze lemon juice over it then sprinkle on powdered sugar and eat. It was quite good. We also all split a potato omelet, sausage links and crispy bacon. I had about 6 cups of tea and a large glass of guava juice. Trying to pack in the liquids today :)  I didn't get photos at the time so here is one from the website of the Dutch Baby.

I returned home and started packing. I managed to get all my clothing packed and just leave out what I need for tomorrow. I didn't pack the last items to ship yet so i will also do that tomorrow. I tried to watch the closing ceremony of the Olympics but it was bizarre and uninteresting to me so I went upstairs and read. I went to bed pretty early since I was just exhausted from Saturday's adventures.

I find it remarkable that I have spent 3 months living here and I can be packed and organized in a couple of hours. I think that is very good. I have also kept my room clean and tidy so i don't have a lot of frantic cleaning to have to do.

Aloha!
~Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment