Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Tuesday (Part 1): 3 kittens and drive to Waimanalo

July 31, 2012

Aloha kakou! (Aloha to all!) Welcome to the last day of July. Time is really flying by towards the end of my time here. Two weeks left. So much left to do.

I woke up, got ready and got to work at 7:15. On my way up the stairs I saw the 2 kittens. So a two kitten morning. They were sleepy and sprawled out looking cute. I went on to the office and got settled in. Ann stopped by and I mentioned the kittens. I showed her where they were and they had been joined by a third! There are really 3 kittens over there! So it was a 3 kitten morning. Seeing such cute and healthy kittens always makes me smile. Ann brought in dried breadfruit. It tastes just like baked lays when it is dehydrated!

So Ann was finished with writing the DVFR report other than a couple of sections which I'll be doing. So I sat down and made some edits and went to talk to her about them. There was a lot to go over. We had some questions on methodology we needed to know so we asked Tod since he had worked on DVFR in the past. He answered a lot of questions. I had a quick chat with Lynn (she is the violence supervisor? - not sure her exact title) to ask if there were documented procedures that would answer these methodology issues and found out that somewhere is a DVFR policy manual! She mentioned she, Helene and Ann had a meeting after lunch to discuss a grant they are working on so I headed off to find Ann. It was lunchtime so since Lisa brought her car we went to Waimanalo since I hadn't been there. Ann and I discussed the DVFR and thoughts on how to address some issues we were needing to define in the report. I also asked her to check with Lynn and Helene after the meeting on the DVFR policy manual and to ask Helene for any more information that might help. So we drove and talked while I took pictures. The drive was lovely and soothing. These pictures are from a moving car. I wish I could go sit and take tons of video. The waves were pretty high and active today.















I have lots more to post so splitting this into multiple posts. To be continued...

Aloha!
~Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment