Sunday, August 5, 2012

Hanauma Bay, snorkeling with honu!

August 5, 2012

`Olu`olu komo mai. (Please come in.)

I woke up this morning, got ready and caught the bus to Hanauma Bay. I spent about 4 hours snorkeling. I'd snorkel for about 45 minutes then rest for about 15. Repeat. Here are some photos I took. I snorkeled mainly over to the far right side when you are looking out to the ocean from the beach. I also snorkeled a little in the center.











The coolest thing was getting to snorkel with the honu (green sea turtle). It wasn't very big, maybe 2 feet long, so probably an adolescent. It was a bout a foot away from me. I watched it for nearly an hour before it went swimming to another area and I got out of the water for a short break. This is not my photo but the turtle was about this size and about this close.

On the way back from Hanauma Bay I stopped at Whole Foods at Kahala Mall. I got some cherries, macadamia nut sorbetto, and a bottle each of organic limeade and mango lemonade.I also got some basil and pine nut pesto ravioli (to use use up the pasta sauce I have), spiral pasta (to use up the mayo and tuna I have left and make it into a tuna pasta salad), and some tortilla chips (to use up the last of the salsa). Basically I got things to finish off the last of my groceries this week. I also got some beef bourginon and a french bread baguette. I had half of both for dinner tonight and will take the other half for lunch tomorrow at work. I am full and SO TIRED. My last stop was at Long's Drugs to get two more containers of the chocolate and toffee covered macadamia nuts. 2 1/4 pounds each. So that is IT for the stuff I am getting to send home. Everyone just loved those so much I figured I'd send just a few more.

I was really tired so I caught a cab home. $8.00 was SO worth not hiking up the hill of doom. My ankle is doing better but it was getting sore by then and I had HEAVY groceries. So I took a taxi home and got everything put away. Rinsed all the salt water from everything and hung it all to dry, then showered. I ate my dinner as I mentioned above and chatted a bit with folks from home.

I managed to NOT get sunburned or hurt my ankle more. I am now an exhausted heap of Lissa. I'm going to curl up here in front of the fan and watch something till I fall asleep. If I am not asleep I'll waddle into the kitchen in a few hours to have some of that macadamia nut sorbetto.

Aloha ahiahi, (Good evening, around sunset)
~Melissa

1 comment:

  1. That is just so pretty. I love all the photos you post!

    ReplyDelete