Sunday, August 5, 2012

Pancakes, Kailua, Humane Society and movie

August 4, 2012

Aloha oukou! (Aloha to all of you!)

Today Emily and Hiro picked me up at 8:30 and we went to Cinnamon's in Kailua for breakfast. There was about a 45 minute wait but it was WONDERFUL. I loved the trip there and back, such beautiful scenery. The food itself was fantastic.

 Emily was telling me about the guava chiffon pancakes and the red velvet pancakes which you can see ehre on the menu.

I had the guava chiffon pancakes. I got the short stack (2) which was plenty! They are a VERY good buttermilk pancake topped with a guava reduction type sauce. Topped with a mound of whipped cream. SO GOOD.

Emily got eggs benedict. I believe this is the traditional one with canadian bacon and turkey. The side is hashbrowns. Emily is usually a vegan but she is on a new diet where she is eating meat and other things currently.

Hiro got a skillet breakfast. That is home fries topped with an egg and three items. I know there is spinach but i don't recall what other meats he chose. Looks good though!

Here are photos from the drive.




I went back home for a bit then got ready and went with Emily to a Hawaii Humane Society Party. The Humane Society building is AMAZING. As you can see, they both adopt out animals and help lost pets reunite with their humans.
 They have an attached dog park with a waterfall also.I took photos of the waterfall while some dogs were playing. Here is also a link to a map of the HHS so you can see the lovely facilities.


They recommended costumes so Emily brought ears and tails for us. It was so much fun! Here we are with Emily the zebra and me as a kitty.

Me and the mascot (who I believe is called Scratch?).

The Cat House and residents needing homes. This is a really interesting building. I wish I could have gotten more photos.



They have small animals and birds also. I thought this was hilarious so I decide to share the photo. This is a pigeon - which is a pigeon and pigeon mix. hehehe... compared to...?

This event was to raise awareness of the big 2012 PetWalk fundraiser coming on October 7th at Magic Island at Ala Moana Park. This is the ONLY day of the year that dogs are allowed in that park. It is so important to help. If you cannot attend but could spare $1 , $5 or anything to help care for these animals needing homes please feel free to go to the fundraising page and send a donation to help their efforts. I sincerely hope some of the wonderful people who read my blog will help this worthwhile non-profit organization.

After the Humane society Emily and I went to Ward theater. On our way to the ticket window we saw a man and woman and their chihuahua dog. The dog had patterns buzzed into it's hair. The man had lots of tattoos so it looked really neat side by side. I asked if I could take a photo and share it and they were happy to let me. So - accessorizing your dog to match your tattoos!


We then went inside to see Magic Mike at the theater. It was fun. Nothing like watching gorgeous dancing men. The storyline wasn't anything new, but it was enjoyable eye candy.We split some popcorn and each had a soda and it was $16.00! The tickets were $11.00. For Combo #3 (XL popcorn, 2 Large drinks and 2 packs of candy it would be $23,00!). Suffice to say we didn't get that one! So basically to see a movie here you have to sell your firstborn child, or at least an organ.

The theater wasn't exactly packed. Emily took a picture from the first row. if you look very carefully you can see me waving in the middle.

After the movie we went back to her place so I could meet her dogs TrapJack and Ahulani. They are very sweet and I got some doggie kisses. Outside their apartment building someone put a couple of these metal kitty silhouettes. They were so cool, especially at twilight, so I took a picture to share.

Hiro came home and Emily went and got Bryan. We went a couple of blocks over and had pupus (appetizers) and a drink. We were all exhausted by then so Emily dropped me off then Bryan. I for one went immediately to bed, I was exhausted.

Aloha!
~Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment