Saturday, August 11, 2012

Saturday Part 1 - Bakery hopping and shopping

August 11, 2012

Another wonderful day ahead. This day will be made of awesome.

To begin the day Emily and Hiro picked me up to go "Bakery Hopping". This is like an extremely fatterning version of a gallery hop.

Our first stop was at Whole Foods for iced mochas, chocolate hazelnut gelato and guava macaroons. I didn't take photos of the iced mochas or gelato because they look just like every other iced mocha and gelato/ice cream. The gelato was AMAZING. Love love love. Here is the guava macaroon. This was the best macaroon I have ever had in my life. The filling was so light and fluffy and the cookie part was light with a delicate crust. Freaking amazing.

The next stop on the hop was the Regal Bakery for donuts. Let me just say WOW. The top left is  maple and bacon on a fluffy yeast type donut. Bottom left is li hing powder sprinkled on a pineapple cake donut, top right is a buttermilk cake donut with a sugar glaze, and the bottom right is a  almond choca cake donut. The almond choca crunch topping tastes like Skor chocolate covered toffee bar crumbles. These were so amazingly good. I don't know that I have a favorite. If I had to pick one it would be the buttermilk... or maybe the almond choca. Too good to choose! I never want to eat a Krispy Kreme or other donut ever again. Not even Spaulding's back home. These are the best ever.


Next was Liliha Bakery for green tea puffs and a coco puff. These are cream puffs. The coco puff is chocolate cream filled with chantilly frosting on top. It was good. The green tea was green tea flavored cream filling and frosting. VERY GOOD. This is taken from the website to describe these wonderful concoctions:  (Here is the link)

The Magic Puff
It's how to make amends with a friend, impress your significant other's family and celebrate a milestone. Liliha Bakery's coco puffs are that kind of magic. The butteriness and creaminess of this chocolate-filled puffed pastry can't be matched nor explained. There's a reason we sell between 4,800 and 7,200 every day. And you can now try our new flavor - green tea coco puffs.

Next was Diamond Head Grill for their famous blueberry and cream cheese scones. These were FREAKING AWESOME. Big blueberries, big chunks of cream cheese, and a deligtfully buttery scone that is more like a muffin top than a crumbly cookie or biscuit. Yum yum yum... Super yum. We were all about to fall into a sugar coma so we shared one.


After this we dropped Hiro off and went shopping at Ala Moana mall. I needed to get a last few gift items for people back home. I also got 3 Pandora beads for myself to remember my trip here. I got the turtle - to remember snorkeling with turtles (and dolphins) since it was only $25. I also got the teacup ($25) and teapot ($45) to remember my Alice in Wonderland ballet I get to see tonight! I absolutely love Alice in Wonderland. Also, anyone who knows me is aware that I love tea, though I don't like all kinds of tea. I don't normally buy myself charms but it has been over a year since I got one. For less than $100 I thought I should have something to keep to remember my trip. All I have gotten for myself so far is one sundress! I didn't bring my bracelet but I'll take photos of it with the charms when I get home.

After the stop at the Pandora store Emily and I went shopping for her costume tonight. She is going to a Yelp! party with a superhero theme. It was SO MUCH FUN costume shopping for her, Hiro and Bryan. I can't wait to see photos but I don't know if they'll let me share them here. I would have gone but I have ballet tigkets! We might get together afterwards if we are not all too tired.

Now that the blog is all caught up it is time for me to get ready and head to the ballet. I will add more about that afterwards.

To be continued...

Aloha!
~Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment