Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Jamaiian Irie Jerk

August 7, 2012

Had a GSIP conference call this morning. I am working from home this week. I spent the rest of the morning working on the DVFR report and getting the last of the results section completed.

I had lunch with Ann at Jamaiian Irie Jerk in Kaimuki. The food was very good. This has been visited by Guy Fieri on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives on the Food Network.



I had the Jerk Pork - Pork Shoulder marinated in Chef Cassie's jerk marinade over night and finished on the grill and topped with mouth watering jerk sauce and onions.  $14.95. It was SUPER tasty and tender meat.

I also got a specialty drink (these are non-alcoholic). I got the Sorrel - A flower related to the Hibicus.  Brewed with fresh Hawaiian ginger and sweetened with sugar cane.  $3.95. It was good, a very complex flavor. Not sure I'd get it again but it was good to try.

Ann got the Jamaican Curry Goat - A Jamaican favorite.  Tender chunks of goat meat seared and simmered in a Caribbean curry sauce.  Served with rice n'peas and Ital.  $17.95. The goat was very tender and delicious (I tried a bite).

We shared a slice of key lime pie for dessert. 

The afternoon was quiet. There are few people here at the house now and even fewer during the day. 

Just a few days left here in Hawaii! I must say I'll be glad to go home. I miss everyone and my critters. 

Malama pono, (Take care)
~Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment