Sunday, June 3, 2012

Laule'a day

June 2, 2012

Saturday morning and my normal Farmer's Market trip. I didn't really need anything so I didn't go super early. I took a picture of some of the lovely flowers at the first stall. (Susan, I try to share lots of pretty flowers for you!)

I went and got a roasted garlic baguette from the bakery folks and meandered around the stalls for a bit. Then I stopped at one of my favorite vendors, a little old lady who sells fresh made lemonade and a variety of foods. She is the one who made the falooda I got a couple of weeks back. I got a lemonade and a limoncello pannacotta. It was a very lemony not too sweet creamy cheese custard type food. VERY tasty.

I went up to the edge of the cactus garden on Kapiolani Community College campus and sat in the shade on a bench and enjoyed my two treats. The cactus garden is of course all cactus and many varieties. I want to come back and take more pictures and do justice to this garden but for now here was just the one i was sitting next to. It reminded me of a bundle of octopus or squids.

After I finished my lemony breakfast delights I wandered around the other garden areas for a bit. There is a nice little herb garden with many varieties of herbs, some I knew and more that I didn't. At the entrance to the herb garden are three small poetry trees. These have a box of supplies with instructions that encourage you to write a poem and leave it in the box. Each day they put those poems in plastic covers and tie them to the poetry trees. It is a pretty neat thing. I read some of them - some by little kids, some in Japanese and other languages, one by  parent who had written a poem to their child who had passed away... just a huge variety.


I started back to home and walked through campus. I found a courtyard I hadn't seen before with this tree. I have NO idea what type of tree it is, but it looked really neat so I took pictures.


I came home and took a nap. I didn't get much sleep since I got in late last night and was very tired. So I napped for an hour. I had some of the bread while it was super fresh and finished off the macadamia nut pesto hummus that I got previously. I am still very stuffed from yesterday so I just wanted a small snack. I basically spent a few hours just relaxing after tidying my room a bit (swept the floor mainly). I caught up with folks from home and updated the blog. Now I'll go read and get to sleep early. I'm trying to decide what to do tomorrow while being financially frugal. There is a play at Diamond Head Theater but I'm not sure if I should go. They are playing Xanadu. Plenty of time to decide tomorrow what to do.

May you have a laule‘a day, (peaceful/happy)
~Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment