Sunday, June 3, 2012

quiet day of resting

June 3, 2012

Today I accomplished exactly nothing and I am happy as a clam bout it. I woke at a bit before 6am and promptly chose to go back to sleep. I woke again about 9:30 and chatted a bit with folks back home. Then immediately went back to sleep again. Finally, about 4:30 I woke up again. I chatted a bit with folks from home again before they headed to bed. I steamed some broccoli and tossed it very lightly with the ginger onion dressing and reheated some rice. A little fresh butter with Hawaiian sea salt and I called it dinner.


I have been reading a series of books by Jennifer Estep, the Elemental Assassin series. I spent the evening curled up reading (and finishing) the second book in the series, Web of Lies. I'm about to download the next one (Venom) onto my Kindle.

I know this is about as dull a post as can be but I was super tired today. I normally go out exploring on Sundays but I was just way too tired. The extra rest helped a lot. Tomorrow is the start of a new week and I'm ready to get to it. A shower tonight and a bit more reading and I'll tuck myself into bed. Plenty of time left here in Hawaii to go do things.

I have been learning about directions here in Hawaii. It is completely different from the rest of the world. I'll post more on that tomorrow. I'm getting more info on it so I can share it. There is always something new to learn if you just are open to it. This was one little thing I found out this week was different.

Until tomorrow, aloha,
~Melissa


1 comment:

  1. Best part of a kite is that it will sleep while you do, and doesn't beg at the door, or make a mess that you have to clean up. Oh, the have been known to make smiles too :)

    hehe

    ReplyDelete