Saturday, May 12, 2012

A long but easy trip

May 11, 2012

I am posting this the next day because by the time I got here and settled I had been traveling for 24 hours.

Here are some pictures of the food along the way. The plane rides were fine and with good service. No problems at all, so the food was the highlight of the trips. I didn't have any long layovers so I didn't have time to see any of the cities I connected through.

I left home at 5:45am. Scott drove me in the Miata and we stopped at McDonald's for breakfast. At 6:20 we were on the interstate and headed to Louisville. We got to the airport no problems and got my heavy bag checked. EXACTLY 50 lbs and not over, thankfully. So only $25. YEA!!!!

I flew out of Louisville at 10:10. I arrived in Chicago with no problems. Easy short flight. I was getting peckish so i decided to try the Macaroni Grill there. It was near my next departure gate and since the one in Lexington closed I miss their food. I had a light lunch of rosemary garlic bread with crusted sea salt (their freebie bread) and dipping oil, pomodorina soup (plum tomatoes, mozzarella, basil pesto), and spicy ricata meatballs (tiny meatballs in a spicy sauce made with plum tomatoes, carmelized onions, and other yumminess, dollops of ricotta and a bit of lemon zest). Very tasty!

Next it was on to Seattle. 4.5 hour flight. Easy flight, no problems. I slept through most of it knowing it would be a long day. Started reading Hunger Games again on the flight. In Seattle I only had a little over an hour and I knew the flight to Honolulu would be over 7 hours so I figured I should grab some more food. (I feel like I did nothing all day but eat.) So I stopped in the Dungeoness Grill there in the South terminal and had dinner. It was FREAKING AWESOME. I had Yakisoba noodles with grilled salmon and grilled veggies. It was amazing. I could only eat about 2/3 of it and felt sad I had to leave the rest.

So I boarded the flight to Honolulu. And we flew, and flew, and flew. It was an easy flight. It stayed light until just before we landed. I didn't get to see Hawaii in the light but I saw the approach to Oahu with the twinkling lights. It was gorgeous.

I claimed my bag (thankfully not lost) and headed to my rental room. I arrived and got paperwork dealt with and a tour of the inside of the house. The ladies and I stayed up talking and getting to know each other till midnight Hawaii time, which was 6am in Kentucky. I was exhausted so went to sleep.

The cool ocean breezes coming in the windows were wonderful to fall asleep to.

Aloha!
~Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment